Tuesday, November 4, 2014

"Every Once in a While a Team Has a Game Like That..."

"...You don't want that to happen. I doubt if we played them five more times any one of those games would go like that." - Mark Richt.
It happens.  I don't know, maybe I'm softer in my old age, but that quote is just it.  It was Florida's day.  We've had a bunch of those.  Tennessee 2003 (they were going in to take the lead at half!!!), LSU 2004, Auburn 2006, Auburn 2007, Tech 2009 (they were so much better than us!), Auburn 2011, Heck, Mizzou 2014.
That's not a great Florida team, but it's a team that looks like it might go anwwhere from 6-5 to 8-3.  Probably a 7-4 team.  They still have talent.  They played for Muschamp and I didn't think that would happen.  The ball got rolling their way and we couldn't stop it.  For me, those just don't hurt as bad.  The close ones hurt worse or losing to a team that we are much more superior in talent. 
Just thought that quote from Richt was telling.  He didn't know how to stop it on Saturday.  It's obvious Pruitt didn't either.  That's a frustrating spot to be as a coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment