Monday, October 23, 2017

Florida Week - Just Thinking

You know, just thinking....

-This was supposed to be Florida’s easy year.  They played BOTH West opponents at home.  They have UT, LSU, tAMu, and FSU all at home.  Boy, to blow that home schedule.  Imagine if we had Tennessee, Auburn, tAMu, and Tech all at home?

-This is our murderers row schedule.  We have road games at ND, UT, Auburn & Tech.  Next year, we have a MUCH easier slate, with 3 true cupcakes and all our rivals at home.  We go to Baton Rouge and Columbia.

It’s early in the week, but there is no logical reason this game should be close.  Florida is in the middle or bottom half of nearly every meaningful statistical team category.  They are 6th in total defense (which is what we imagine is their strength).  That is against the vaunted offenses of Michigan, Tennessee, and Vandy.  By contrast, MSU is 3rd in total defense with a schedule that includes UGA, Bama and Auburn, which include 1, 3 & 4 in Total offense in the league. 

Florida’s defensive prowess might be a mirage.  It’s hard to imagine how they move the ball.  They punt it well.  That’s about all you can say. 

We are way better than this team, guys.  What has Kirby Smart done to me?  I want to be worried, but nothing rational makes me worried.  It makes no sense.  It’s the Cocktail party.  We’re supposed to be spooked.  I’m trying to convince myself to be spooked. 

I’m worried about tipped ball, a blocked punt, and DB falling down.  That’s how this has to go.  ‘Cause if we just line up and play, we’re going to throttle them.

40 ain’t enough.  I want 50.  52-3.  That’s what I want.  I want Jacob Eason throwing a TD to Jayson Stanley with 4 minutes left. 

No comments:

Post a Comment