Monday, September 22, 2014

Tennessee Week & Last Weekend

As big as Clemson and South Carolina were, it starts to feel like SEC football season when we take on the Vols.  A couple notes from the weekend:

In General:
  • The playoff talk is nauseating and stupid.  The playoff is not today, fellas.  It doesn't matter who you'd pick today.  This just in.  A&M and Bama cannot both win their division.  Auburn is also in that division.  The West looks stout.  The talk of who would go now is stupid.  At least give me a someone with a brain who can tell me how they think it will play out come december.  A&M is good, but they have to go to Auburn, Alabama and Miss. St.  It's going to be tough road for them.  I just hate the conjecture.  Can't we just enjoy the season? 
  • Clemson.  Lord, and I thought  WE cold fart away a game.  I've never seen anything like that.
  • I hope NC State (who has had FSU's number) pulls one on the 'Noles Saturday.  Woudn't it be sweet to see the 'Pack pick off about 4 passes?
  • I think Spurrier is serious.  I think he knows they're not that good.  That South Carolina team could easily go 8-4. 
  • I'm telling you, I think we're in the beginning stages of the end of the Miles era in Baton Rouge.  He can't recruit or develop a QB.  He got lucky with a Richt knockoff for a couple of years.  Otherwise, they've been very mediocre.  You can't win 24-17 in the SEC West anymore.  That team went 9-3 last year, and they could very easily go 8-4 this year.  Can they score to keep up with A&M, Ole Miss, Auburn and Bama?  Heck, Arkansas can score.  They get lucky and get UK this year, who, apparently, can only score against Florida.
  • Don't look now, but that vaunted Gator defense might not be so vaunted this year.
  • It's my belief they should simply invite Mariotta and Gurley to New York.  It's early still, but is anyone else even in the discussion?  Winston is out.  He hadn't be dazzling before the incident.  Hunley has been horrible.  Marshall has been average as grits and still can't throw it.  Kenny Hill?  Maybe he gets an invite.  Oh, wait, I forgot about Jeff Driskel.
  • Don't talk to me about my Tar Heel's D.  Maybe ECU is plum good? 
  • The terrible-ness of the ACC is staggering.  They're bad, bad, bad.
Dawgs:
  • Sony Michel is fun to watch.  We are going to get every drop of eligibility out of him, Izzy, Nick, and Blazevich.
  • Jeb Blazevich is our starting TE, if you haven't noticed.  I'm calling it…I think he's going to be the best we've ever had.
  • Brice Ramsey is going to be fun to watch, especially when he jumpstarts his Heisman campaign by torching Notre Dame in South Bend early in the 2017 season.
  • Let's hope we've seen the last punt return that matters that doesn't include Imac back there.
  • I really feel like at some point, we're going to have a drive in which we go 4-wide with Gurley in the single back with Bennett, Conley, Malcom, and JSW and go, "We look awesome right now.  Why haven't we been doing this all along."  "Oh, yeah."
  • Me likey Davin Bellamy.
  • Loved seeing young DBs play.  Would love to see Tramel keep getting better.  I like Mauger, but Terry is huge back there and we need that. 
  • On that note, lord our DBs are young.  Because of the mess we got in, we're playing Davis (Freshman), Sanders (Freshman), Mauger (So), Johnson (Freshman) and Bowman (very inexperienced).  I have to keep reminding myself of that.  We still haven't seen Fenteng.  We're going to return all those guys and Pruitt knows what he's doing.  This D would look a lot different had Tray, JHC and Wiggins had a decent head on their shoulders.
I don't think UT can stop us.  I think we can slow them down.  Their O-line is bad, and we ought to be able to get pressure.  They also have a couple of bozos runnuing their D, and we sliced through them last year with no receivers and no running backs.  Remember Bennett got hurt in the dadgum game.  For the majority of the game, we had Reggie Davis, Conley, and Wooten to go with JJ and Douglas.  Gurley is going for 200 and is going to gash them.  Remember he and Marshall in 2012 vs. them?  They don't have those 2 receivers this time around and the QB is much worse.  I think we put a number on them.  45-20.

1 comment:

  1. Those are great points you make. I really believe our DBs will get better each week because CJP is the real deal. DAWGS 48 vols 23. And yes the acc is HORRIBLE. GATA.

    ReplyDelete