Monday, January 11, 2010

Here's to his old roommate and teammate kicking his face in right on Peachtree in early December 2010

Just like Nick turned Bama down the first time, right? Hmmm, let me say this right.

I love Kirby's fire, and if he could get our D to attack like I saw out of Bama's we'd be a boatload better in all facets of the game. I'd love to have him as DC.

That being said...

I never liked Kirby when I was at UGA. (Some) might give you a different testimony. I loved his crew: Bobo, Tolbert, Sipe, Boog Powell. Kirby was the prick of that group. He was the prima dona of that group that was kind of too good to hang with or talk to managers. So, if he doesn't come..."here's to his old roommate and teammate kicking his face in right on Peachtree in early December 2010 to the tune of half a hundred!" And I'll see Tolbert and Sipe in the stands wearing red pants and we'll laugh all the way to Tempe.

Yes, I hold grudges when it comes to college football.

Now, one thing I can't figure out, though, is that "IF" he has aspirations to the be HC at his alma mater one day, he may have just ruined that opportunity. Damon doesn't strike me as the type to come calling again down the road and spurned Southern universities just don't forget things like that. Just an interesting point. It may have been a lateral move. But if he ever imagined being the guy at UGA, it was the right move. Maybe he doesn't care.

2 comments:

  1. Anybody know of any UGA assistant coach that was ever promoted to head football coach at UGA?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Kirby wasn't an alumnus would we even care that he's not coming? Only 2 years as a DC, both of them working for Saban. Is he really that good?

    ReplyDelete