Friday, May 14, 2010

Expansions - Clemson

Just for fun, I got to thinking about Clemson joining the SEC. Part of me never wants them in because (from my upbringing) I kinda want them to always WANT to be in, but just can't, like the nerd outside the club. But, part of me wants them to come in and get slaughtered. I took a theoretical look at their schedule this year and what it might look like as part of the revamped SEC east, including A & M as their 'all the time' opponent from the West (assuming Texas and FSU would play every year). I'm also assuming a 9-game conference slate, and assuming the keep the rivalry w/ GT (which is highly unlikely). But it's also very likely the conferences would move to 10 conference games.

 Sept. 4 North Texas
Sept. 11 Presbyterian
Sept. 18 at Auburn
Sept. 25 Open Date
Oct. 2 Miami (FL)
Oct. 9 at North Carolina
Oct. 16 Maryland
Oct. 23 Georgia Tech
Oct. 30 at Boston College
Nov. 6 NC State
Nov. 13 at Florida State
Nov. 20 at Wake Forest
Nov. 27 South Carolina

vs. North Texas
vs. PC
@ GT
vs. Tennessee
@ A & M
vs. UGA
vs. Auburn
@ Kentucky
vs. Vandy
@ FSU
@ Florida
vs. South Carolina

I'm sorry, that would be funny to watch. I think Clemson will lose @ Auburn this year, go 1-3 vs. FSU, Miami, UNC & Tech. That's 8-4 if they win the pushes vs. South Carolina, BC and maybe at Wake.

With my revamped schedule...those boys would be lucky to go 5-7. And I mean lucky. The great thing about being UGA, Florida and UT is that you don't have to play yourself. Adding FSU to that mix and that's 4 juggernauts you've got to play every stinkin' year. Not to mention the Cats, Cocks, and Aggies. And every once in a while you're going to draw Bama or LSU or the Horns from the west. They might want to re-think conference expansion in Pickens county. You're trading trips to Chapel Hill, Winston Salem and Chestnut Hill for trips to College Station, Lexington and Gainesville? whew...


No comments:

Post a Comment