Thursday, July 14, 2011

Good Thoughts on Richard Samuel Returning to Offense

Happened to catch a little of the 2009 USCe game on TV the other night and I'll admit, I was pleasantly surprised/shocked/misremembered at how hard Richard ran the ball. After seeing 3 and 4 for two years I had forgotten how hard Richard Samuel ran. It was a noticeable difference. Hopefully the switch to D hasn't given him more stone hands and the bulk will help out his horrible balance. If nothing else he would make a great fullback, IMO.

I think Richard can be valuable on offense this year. If we put him in positive situations I think he can be a solid contributor. He sounds very excited to be making the switch back to offense.

Here's to putting one foot on the Richard Samuel bandwagon. I am personally excited to hear fans say Richard Samuels again....I missed that last season.

4 comments:

  1. Did I miss something cause alot of folks keep saying fullback and all the statements coming from RS and CMR are saying running back what's up with that

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has fullback size but he will be lined up as TB. I don't think Richt has a problem with his size. His top end speed will suffer but in all honesty, he should be more durable and be able to wear defenses out. We won't see the home run ball but we will see a lot more positive yardage. This will keep 3rd down more manageable, keep the offense moving, and keep the defense off the field.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He's at Tailback. I was just stating that I think he would make a great fullback with all the muscle he's added going over to defense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so long as he can hold onto the ball, it doesn't matter where he lines up.

    ReplyDelete