Monday, August 15, 2011

I like change and new things and exciting things, so I'm cool with it (expansion)

I think I like the idea of A & M and FSU rather than adding A & M and OU. I like Auburn and Bama in the same division because an SEC Champ. game w/ them is bad. I'd also rather go to Talahassee every other year than Norman every 7. It would be advantage Florida because they'd lose that non-conference game and have 3 patsies. We'd have Tech and 2 patsies. It would be a disadvantage to us and the Cocks for that reason.

However, I think it hurts Florida in recruiting. Maybe it's overblown, but only the Gators can offer those Florida kids the chance to play in the SEC. FSU offering that helps the Florida recruiting. I would expect A & M to rise pretty quickly. I think they'll be like Va Tech and get better because of it. Does it make the East better than the West? I don't know.

The interesting thing would be do you have 2 all the times and 2 rotating or 3 rotating from the other division?

1 comment:

  1. Is FSU bad for us? They improve East more, maybe much more, than West. Florida has to play them every year anyway. It might be a bonus for the Gators, which would allow them to schedule another cupcake out of conference. However, if we go to 14, we go to a 9-game conf schedule right?

    ReplyDelete