Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What will make you madder on Saturday afternoon?

A) Looking like we've looked the last season and a half. Totally unprepared, sloppy, and weak.

-OR-

B) Looking sharp, running power football out of the I, blitzing like a crazy man and not jumping off-sides and wondering why that was so difficult to do 1 week earlier.

It's a legitimate question. That's kind of the point I'm at. I'm not sure anything can make me happy on Saturday. Don’t get me wrong, I want to win, but why would it take that handling to figure all that out? I'll be happy if it's B, especially if that's a harbinger of what's to come, but I'll be peaved that we didn’t figure that out in the last 8 months first.

And, are we really going to become one of those teams looking to the sideline for the play call? I'm sorry, but right now I feel better about AM getting us in the right play rather than MB. It's not like Malzahn or Petrino are over there calling the plays.

I really, really hope we're walking back on Saturday thinking: "Boise would beat Oklahoma's britches off, 'cause we're pretty doggone good."

No comments:

Post a Comment