Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Big One is Here...

This is not the best team we will play this year, but if we win, we can book a ticket to Jax for all the Eastern marbles.  From what I've seen, Mizzou lacks athleticism.  Tennessee looks like UGA in the '90s.  They'll put up a fight, but I don't think they'll beat anyone of consequence.  My questions heading into Saturday
  • I'm fascinated to see what Bobo's gameplan will be.  We have Gurley, but boy, is their secondary a hot pile of garbage.  ECU was running free just like A & M.  I don't know what to do.  The yahoos on the radio say to give it to Gurley.  That may be right, but those guys can't cover anything, and you KNOW they're going to stack the box.  I hope we're not so stubborn we force the run, but I hope we're not so stubborn seeing the gaps that we forget we have Gurley.  If we balance it, we'll thrash them on offense.
  • I finally figured out the Quayvon stuff.  We weren't trying to move him to TE.  We created this H-Back because we run the freaking power-I.  We had a TE, Quayvon, and Maxey in together on a bunch of plays.
  • If Dillard Thomas (yes, I know it's Dylan Thompson) beats us, I'll be officially embarrassed.  I know, they beat us with Blake Mitchell.  I'm still in denial.
  • Mike Davis looks like he partook of the Jasper Sanks off-season conditioning program.  They're a different team with him in there, but he looks fat and out of shape.  I'm not sure he can handle the load of 32 carries, and I think that's what they'll need out of him to beat us.
  • You think they'll kick it to Gurley?
  • Do we put Izzy back to return punts on the road as a true freshman? 
I am flabbergasted that we haven't broken 20 since '94 in that stadium.  What is it about that place?  I'm appalled that we haven't thrown a TD pass there since Greenie in '04.  20 years and 10 years.  Good round numbers to break a streak.  I just don't see how they beat us without a turnover fest.

Walk down memory lane.  I was there in '92 as they kicked off their life in the SEC.  They were pumped.  They led 6-0 at halftime.  Garrison blew up in the second half, and even Mack Strong got in on the fun.  We won 28-6.  Could be similar. 

Oh, and I have decided that games against cupcakes mean absolutely nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment