Tuesday, November 22, 2011

About the CMR Rumor...

Eh...I'm not sure I buy it. The site it's from is very shady. It sounds like a recruiting ploy to me. I just don't see it for a couple of reasons:

-I think he likes making $3 million and has figured out how much good he can do with it.
-Zach and Anya are still in school
-I think he'd be worried about his assistants
-There's too much talk of contract extensions from McGarity, and I think he'd know
-We're going to be absolutely loaded next year.

CounselorDawg said he heard Petersen was visiting Chapel Hill with his family on Dec. 5. That'd be a great hire for the Heels.

Nothing surprises you in the business of College Football, but I just don't see it. I think he's fought like crazy to get it back and wants to enjoy the ride. He's said as much. It'll be interesting to see if he addresses it. The fact that the report says that we'd be looking at Dooley or Bobo kind of lends itself to ridiculous. Kirby would be at the top of that list. Of course, you know I'm all for Bobo. I actually think he'll make a good head coach and he's an outstanding and tireless recruiter, something Richt isn't, but something that Saban and Miles are. But I'm not sure McGarity would go that route, and there would be an uproar if he hired Derek. I think a lot of people want to bring UGA down, and now that the hot seat talk is over, the new thing is to say he's leaving. That's because they know we're about to land Marshall and Gurley and be unstoppable.

3 comments:

  1. Hope it's true. However, UGA should go outside for a head coach. Bobo is to much like CMR 10 Years is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with most of what you said but I think Richt is a great recruiter. He may appear to operate more low key than Saban or Miles but I think he is every bit as effective. It has been said that mommas love coach Richt and we all know how important it is to have mommas on board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous--You have got to be kidding me! Richt is a great coach. You must be a Gator or Gnat!

    ReplyDelete