Tuesday, November 15, 2011

WOW! That happened...

If you haven't looked at the stat line from Saturday, do yourself a favor and savor it. I still can't believe we whipped Auburn like that. I have literally gone to sleep smiling the past 3 nights. We did what I asked of us in mid-September. We beat our rivals. One more SEC game to go. One more rival to go. One more championship to go. I'm really interested to see how Saturday plays out. Will we be a little listless knowing we've got a hate game and a championship war on the horizon? I just hope we're efficient. Even with a division title on the line, I don't expect us to have that edge. I just want us to be efficient. Heck, what do I know? Hopefully, we'll have the attitude we had vs. NMSU, which seemed to be, "Hey, let's let everyone score a touchdown!" Just a couple random thoughts:

  • This sure is fun. I gotta admit, I was in a very dark spot after Boise. After the Cocks we were 6-9 in our last 15 games. Hard to believe we pulled it together. Probably the best coaching job by Richt in his career. That he pulled us out of this is remarkable.
  • Jarvis Jones is very, very good. Why, exactly, didn't they want him in Los Angeles?
  • And Alec Ogletree is also very, very good.
  • And, boy, it is a great feeling to excited about our D on the field.
  • At what point to people start talking about how lucky LSU and Bama were to not have to play UGA and South Carolina?
  • Grantham is worth every penny. Mike Bobo deserves a raise.
  • All-SEC is going to be littered w/ Dawgs. Rambo, Jarvis, Murray, Jones, and maybe Boykin are locks. We'll have some D-lineman in consideration, along w/ maybe Cordy, and you gotta wonder about a WR. Crowell's gonna come close, probably 2nd team. The interesting thing is that our virtual locks, Butler and Walsh, will be nowhere to be found.

What I'm most excited about is personnel improvement and use this year. Gilliard continued to start after Robinson got healthy. Rambo has gotten incredibly better. We pushed to get Shawn Williams on the field, even if it meant pushing Branden Smith off it. Carlton eased ahead of Samuel on the depth chart during the season. And we finally had enough with our all-world kicker. There truly is a new attitude in Athens.

My favorite moment from Saturday was Rambo's pick six. A wild moment in the stadium. After Boulder, Colorado…we deserved that. What was your favorite part?

2 comments:

  1. I would say your post is dead on! I, too, have had the biggest perk in my step the past couple days after that thrashing we gave those Camless Tigers. What I can't seem to get off my mind, is wondering what if? against LSU, assuming that it's us 2 teams that match up. Our chances against the #1 Bayou Bengals just grew exponentially in my mind. If we bring our "A" game that we brought against Auburn, "if" being the main word here; then it should be one heck of a conference championship. GO DAWGS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bobo does not deserve a raise. Let's wait and see how he does against some good teams.

    ReplyDelete