Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Aaron Murray


Quick Tuesday night thoughts after devotion (though not related to football, I don't think).  The devotion was about the blood of Christ, and it'll take blood, sweat and tears on Saturday, so there you go.
  • Took a quick gander at the All-ACC teams.  Clemson has zero on 1st Team Defense and 1 on 2nd Team Defense.  Hopkins, Boyd and Ellington, 2 Linemen and the TE Ford all made All-ACC first team.  That's right, they had 6 First Team All-ACC offensive players and zero on defense.  I don't know why the coaches in that league can't figure it out. 
  • Don't know if you saw Richt's comments about Hutson.  It tells me his jaw is set, and I like Richt when his jaw is set.  He said Hutson would play if Murray went down and out for the game -- too much at stake.  We're in it to win it, boys.  Just 2 short years ago we had Logan Gray returning punts.
As I've been for his career, I'm "all in" on the Murray bandwagon this week.  I think we win because of Murray.  After he wins the next 2, will he be considered the greatest QB in UGA history?  None of that matters, really.  Win the next 2 and his legacy will be set.  I think the kid is just ready. I think he's tired of hearing all the big-game and 'vs. elite defense' crap.  I think he's a DGD of epic proportions and got his brains beat in his freshman year.  I think the lights were a little bright in the dome last year for him.   But, I also think after the 2nd series on Saturday he's going to think "These guys look wide open compared to the Florida game."  That Florida defense is the best in the land for my money, and we beat them.  Murray made the plays on the last drive he had to after a shaky start.  I think he'll shine on Saturday.

2 comments: